Tour de Cure 2015

The obvious reason I ride in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure, as I did the last seven years, is because I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 42 years ago. While I have seen amazing advancements in the treatment of diabetes over these decades, I look forward to further research and improvements. Most of all, I pray for the day that a cure is found.

Sara reading to the boys
Sara reading to the boys
In this eighth year that I ride in the Tour de Cure, I have more important reasons to ride, as shown in the photo on this page: my wife, Sara, and our twin boys. I would like to see a cure and, until that day, better treatments to ensure that I may share as long a life as possible with them. I want to see these two precious boys grow up, from their first day of school, to teaching them to ride bikes and join me on rides, to teaching them to drive, to teaching them to shave, to seeing their high school and, I hope, college graduation ceremonies. I would like to see how much Paul, whose face is the spitting image of mine from 45 years ago (ignoring his strawberry birthmarks), continues to resemble me as he ages. And I would like to see how much Michael, whose face bears a similar resemblance to Sara's at his age, also resembles her as he ages.

 I also pray that our boys do not inherit my Type 1 diabetes, and hope that research may prevent its onset or provide a cure should they be susceptible to it.
Paul and Michael in the bike trailer

Please support me with a donation by visiting my Tour de Cure page and selecting the "Donate to Me" link. Our efforts will help set the pace in the fight against diabetes. So let's get in gear and bike to beat diabetes!

Paul and Michael in the bike trailer
Paul and Michael in the bike trailer
Each mile I ride, each dollar I raise will be used in the fight to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.

No matter how small or large, your generous gift will help improve the lives of my family and more than 20 million other Americans who suffer from diabetes, in the hope that future generations can live in a world without this disease. Together, we can all make a difference! Thank you for considering making a generous contribution to this cause that is so important to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using KeePass with Dropbox for Cross-Platform Password Management

Visiting CareLink Site on OS X Mavericks

Website FINALLY Adapted to Apple Silicon